background

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Last Week's Little Project

     I've been wanting to get a big "S" (for Schrock, in case you forgot that's my last name now. :)) for a wall arrangement that has been sitting here uncompleted for a long time. I didn't come across any in my shopping ventures, and didn't feel like ordering one, so I decided to make one. Here's how it went...


First, I cut 2 large S's out of gift boxes...


I left tabs on along the sides and ends of the box.


I cut strips of cereal box and taped them on for sides as well as putting some inside for stabilizer.


Then I taped the the backside on!


Added a layer of mod podge and cream paper (as opposed to vinegar and brown paper. ha!)


Chalked it, and added details!
It's far from perfect, but it suits its purpose just fine!


And a couple of days later Tom hung it for me!


There she is! 






6 comments:

  1. I'm impressed! you are as crafty as me! :-) did you make the thing beside it too!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did...with an old frame, some string, mini clothespins and pictures! Easy peasy!

      Delete
  2. Nice... and I do remember your last name!!!Mom S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I think it turned out lovely!! :) Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy sigh! I love it!

    ReplyDelete