background

Friday, June 22, 2012

Life in June

   It's a perfect summer day here in Wisconsin...70* and sunny. I love it! June's been a good month...Kara and I started it out right with a big day of garage-saling and thrift store shopping on the first day of June! :)
   We also had some fun Schrock family get-togethers...these always include cute kiddos, lots of laughter, and generally, a pretty good spread of yummy food!
     The following weekend we headed to Indiana...
     This little man rode with Tom and I for a while...I love watching him grow up! And yes, he was eating fresh peas--and loving them! 
     The main reason for going was for a dispersal auction of my great aunt's belongings/a Kauffman family reunion (which would be my mom's side of the family). 

    The Kauffman cousins know how to have a good time! Our definition of good: "crazy, including lots of laughter, and some very blonde moments."
     
     I really like this picture of Grandma and her daughters. They are all very special to me!

     I had to include this too:

     We came home from the auction with more than I had anticipated...Our purchases included, but are not limited to: this trunk, all these old books and the old camera...

     This big jug, which we will use to save our loose change for something wonderful (still to be decided).

    And this little beauty (for $2). Ok, I'll admit it's a bit old, but my mom always used one at home, and I found myself missing having my own, so this was just the ticket!

   And here are a few pictures of us from the weekend:

     Since I've been home more this week, I was determined to take advantage of it and get some more decor up around here. It seems like the more I'm home the better my creative juices work. Maybe it's just that when I work away, I lose motivation for projects here at home. Anyway, here's the one wall arrangement I came up with this week. I think it still needs some tweaking, but I need some time to decide what it needs. I was going for the canvas look with the saying, but in reality it's just a cardboard box, scrapbook supplies, and mod podge. It'll work for now.

      
     Yesterday I did strawberries...it felt slightly strange to do them all alone. No siblings to help pick, no Mom and Kara to help with the cutting, and none of the others to do the washing, smashing, and sweetening. It all went well though, and my jam set up just fine! Yay! 
     I also made my first strawberry pie, since I knew that was on Tom's list of favorites. He pronounced it "fierce good". 

 Well, I'm off to enjoy the sunshine and make my laundry keep happening! A lovely afternoon to you all! 




2 comments:

  1. Wow, you are an industrious young lady! I enjoyed your pictures and post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, what she said. Keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete