background

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

It's warm....

It's warm for Wisconsin. Very warm. Maybe the reason I think this is partially due to the fact that this is the first time I remember living in a trailer house in the heat of summer.
In case you were wondering, a trailer house heats up like an oven in 90+ degree weather. I think it's about 92 degrees INDOORS at the moment.
But, we have a little window AC in our bedroom, so we sort of live in our bedroom these days. 
Hot, humid weather makes me feel like a bad wife altogether. I have zero motivation to do housework. Just doing the dishes works up a sweat. My meals consist of light things like chips and dip and chocolate milk shakes. Fortunately, my husband says he doesn't get very hungry in this hot weather anyway. We eat our meals on the bed. It seems like a bad habit, but under these circumstances, we do what we must.
I did do laundry, watered my flowers, went grocery shopping, and did some craft projects so far this week. And washed dishes.
We eat a lot of freezees. And I dream of a house on the lake or a pool in my back yard at least.
But most of all, this makes me realize that I'm very thankful that I live in Wisconsin, where this kind of weather is fairly rare. I certainly hope that southerners eventually acclimate to the heat, because living a hampered life like this gets old.
Oh well, we're blessed. And tomorrow's a holiday, so we get to sleep in and then spend the afternoon with my family.
A happy 4th of July to you all. Stay cool. :)

1 comment:

  1. Living out of the bedroom? Sounds familiar! When I was pregnant with Jube, living in the tropics here,especially in the hottest time of the year, we pretty much moved into our bedroom. Living room furniture and all. You gotta do what you gotta do! Hope you all either cool down or acclimate pretty fast here.

    ReplyDelete