background

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

An October Afternoon

     What I'm listening to:
     The O'Neill Brothers album Autumn. Piano seems like the perfect music for the mood when you're having a cozy day indoors. It also makes me miss my girlhood friends and wish for a chat over coffee and dessert.

     What I'm smelling:
     A batch of granola baking, all full of almonds, craisins, and coconut. I can't wait to try it. I'm still looking for that perfect recipe!

    What I've accomplished today:
    Not a lot.☺ Gave the blog a face-lift, made a trip to the bank, mixed up the granola, mended my husband's Sunday pants. It's a nice day for doing little projects and taking lots of breaks...☺

    What I'm feeling:
    Baby kicking...well, it feels more like twitching, but I guess that's about all the punch the wee one can pack so far. I love the feeling, and this baby's dad grins big when he can feel it too!


     We've had snow already...real white stuff that actually stayed on the ground. It covered all those leaves on our lawn too, but we still knew they were there, so now that the snow is gone, we plan to tackle the raking this evening until it gets dark.
    The icky weather changed our plans to take the youth out deer shining on Sunday night, but we still had a nice time with a chili supper and games, hot drinks and sweet stuff to eat.
   I'm not sure if it's officially too late to do fall cleaning or not, but I hope to tackle the upstairs in the next couple of weeks. Maybe it will be winter cleaning...anyway, it needs to happen before December. Tom's parents are coming home then for their first furlough, and his sister's family will also be joining us for the week, so I want to get things company ready! Plus it will give me a good head start on that nesting that is supposed to happen before the baby arrives!☺
    One last picture:           
     (not a real obvious picture of the baby bump...I don't seem to have any good ones on hand. Maybe later!)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment