background

Thursday, March 13, 2014

On Being A Mom

  I'm a mother. When did this happen, that I grew up and am now responsible for a tiny human being? 


   How can I be so in love with a person a met only two weeks ago? She fills my heart so full of love that sometimes it spills out in tears on my cheeks. And if my heart is so full of love for my baby girl, how is it that I can love her daddy so incredibly much? He is the best husband and dad that the two of us girls could ever have asked for! God has given me so much more than I deserve!


    It's not all a bed of roses, if I'm honest. Never before has anyone been so dependent on me for their happiness and well being. Sometimes it looks like endless feedings and diaper changes, but I know that even these things will be precious when I look back after she's grown, so I am trying to enjoy them now. And really, she's been making life fairly easy...most nights she's only up once! (we won't talk about last night, it seems she forgot the routine.


   I am learning to accept the fact that it will take a lot longer to get things done when there's a little one in the house. Nowadays, filling the dishwasher, straightening the house, or doing laundry feels like a pretty big accomplishment. But that's ok...these days are sailing past, and I feel an urgency to soak up every precious moment! And now she's napping, so I must fly and make the most of these precious moments, as well!

I know this seems a bit redundant, since all of these photos were shared on facebook, but for those who do not have facebook, here is a link to more of Zoey's newborn pictures:

(photo credits: Heather Kuhns)


3 comments:

  1. Those pictures are SO PRECIOUS! You are absolutely right, Danae, soak up the moments...hang on for the ride...you are so blessed!!! :-) and I couldn't get the link to work... :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, the album was private...should work now! :)

      Delete