background

Friday, January 24, 2014

A Post With No Real Point

   It's Friday night...My husband ran out of the house awhile ago, due to a fire call reporting fire coming out of their own fire station. I'm sitting here with the scanner next to me so that I can hear the chatter of the emergency personnel and dispatchers. From what I gather the flames were coming from an outdoor boiler behind the fire hall.
   Babes is straining and shoving inside my belly tonight...I think the poor child wants to get out.
   I may or may not find some comfort in searching Google for images of women who are 36 weeks pregnant. There's just something about seeing someone who actually looks bigger and more miserable than I feel to give me perspective.
   It is possible to make a one year supply of contact lenses last for 4 years. And, in my case, with no ill effects...I didn't even need a new prescription!
   I made frozen peach yogurt tonight. It lacked something, but I don't know what. At least it's a healthy alternative to ice cream, though I'd be happier if it tasted a little more like ice cream.
    I guess I'm done being a cleaning lady now...I did my last job today. I'll miss my clients and the extra income, but I don't think I'll shed any tears because I miss scrubbing toilets or floors. Unless I get a serious case of baby blues, in which case, who knows what I'll shed tears over!
    I'm getting tired, which means this post will probably go downhill, so I'll stop while I'm ahead.
     A happy weekend to one and all!

3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your post! I well remember the seemingly endless wait till the baby is born. The time will come, and before know it your tiny baby will be all grown up. Sometimes I wish I could just stop the clock for awhile, and sometimes I wish that they would be " all growed up now" !

    ReplyDelete